Please note that, due to COVID-19, the Bee Club is not running during 2020. Please contact us if you are interested in joining the club in 2021.
The Bee Club is for people fascinated by honeybees who want to learn more about what they do and how they survive. Bee-keeping can be an expensive hobby and requires a regular commitment throughout summer in order to properly look after the bees, but by joining the Bee Club you won't have to invest in bees, hives, extracting equipment, or even a bee suit which is provided for all inspections. Membership of The Bee Club runs for a 12 month period and includes:-
- An opportunity to inspect a hive at 3 different times of year including a honey extraction event
- A jar of Albury Honey to take home
- A wine tasting voucher for two people to be used at Albury Vineyard on open days and 10% discount on Albury Estate sparkling wine purchases made during the year of membership
For those wanting to gain more experience in handling honeybees throughout the year, membership of The Queen Bee Club provides:-
- An opportunity to inspect hives every 4-5 weeks from April to September plus an extraction event, so 8 hands-on experiences in total
- 2 jars of Albury Honey, a bee suit, gloves and a hive tool to take home and keep
- a wine tasting voucher for two people to be used at Albury Vineyard on open days and 10% discount on Albury Estate sparkling wine purchases made during the year of membership
Click here for more information about what is included in Bee Club and Queen Bee Membership, what the hive inspections involve, and important information about the scheduling of hive inspections.